Installing Blue Pencil 2
Blue Pencil 2 is a self-contained plug-in that can be easily installed into any environment. The plug-in file can be copied to any location that exists on the MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH. See the Advanced Installation section for more details.
The following is the most straightforward installation method:
- Download and unzip the latest version of Blue Pencil 2 from the main page.
Copy the plug-in to Maya's plug-in directory (create the plug-ins folder if it does not exist):
- Launch Maya and open the Plug-in Manager (Window->Settings/Preferences->Plug-in Manager).
- From the Plug-in Manager check the Loaded and Auto-Load boxes next to the Blue Pencil 2 plug-in.
Blue Pencil 2 can be installed to any location that exists on the MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH environment variable. Directories can be added to the MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH by adding a system level environment variable, creating a Maya.env file, or through a userSetup file. For this guide the Maya.env method will be used.
- Create a new plug-ins directory.
- Copy the Blue Pencil 2 plug-in to the new directory. Be sure the plug-in version matches the Maya version.
- Create a text file named
Add the following line to the file (replacing <plugin directory_path> with your new path):
Save it to one of the following directories:
Mac OS X: /Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/Autodesk/maya/<version>
- Launch Maya.
- Execute the following MEL command to verify the directory has been added to the MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH:
- Open the Plug-in Manager (Window->Settings/Preferences->Plug-in Manager)
- Check the Loaded and Auto-Load boxes next to the Blue Pencil 2 plugin.