Create a new script buffer. A dialog will be displayed asking what type of buffer to create (MEL, Python or None). A buffer type of None will be treated as a plain text file.
- New MEL Buffer
- Create a new buffer for writing MEL scripts.
- New Python Buffer
- Create a new buffer for writing Python scripts.
- Open File...
Open an existing file from a location on disk. By default, the Open dialog will be set to the Projects directory.
- Open Recent
- A list of previously closed files to open.
- Open Workspace...
- Open a previously saved workspace.
- Add Folder to Workspace...
- Add a top level directory to the current workspace.
- Save Workspace As...
- Save the current workspace to disk.
Save the active file or buffer to disk. If the active tab is a buffer, the Save As dialog will be displayed.
- Save As...
Save the active file or buffer to a specified location on disk.
- Save All
Save all files and buffers to disk.
Change the name of the active file or buffer. If the active tab is a file the filename will be changed on disk.
- Save Script to Shelf...
Save the active file or buffer contents to the current Maya shelf. If a selection exists in the active tab, only the selected text will be saved to the shelf.
- Source Script...
Execute the contents of a MEL script file. If changes are made to the script after sourcing it, the changes are not automatically picked up by Maya. The script will need to be re-sourced.
- Revert File
- Reloads the most recent save of a file.
Close the active buffer or file.
- Close All Files
Close all buffers and files.
- Close Workspace
Close the current workspace.
- Save State
- Save the state of Charcoal Editor 2.